- In order to receive the below benefits as well as a handicap a further £120 fee must be paid to the golf club:
- Receive 10% members discount on food and drink
- Receive 10 % members discount in the golf shop
- Receive members discount on golf buggies
- Members social event calendar
The Mayor of Bournemouth officially opened the course on 25th October 1905. An exhibition match followed, played by professionals J H Taylor, Harry Vardon, James Braid and Alex Herd. Queen's Park was the second golf course in Bournemouth, but it was quickly known to be a more severe test of golf and established itself as one of the very first and the finest municipal golf courses in the country. Host to several European Tour events over the years, the course has challenged renowned golfers such as Bobby Locke, Henry Cotton and Seve Ballesteros. The course has undergone major alterations over the years and remains a superb golfing challenge. A round played to handicap would be considered a satisfying achievement.